Is Some Homophobia Self-phobia?
Anti-gay bias is linked to lack of awareness of one’s sexual orientation and authoritarian parenting, study shows.
Homophobia is more pronounced in individuals with an unacknowledged attraction to the same sex and who grew up with authoritarian parents who forbade such desires, a series of psychology studies demonstrates.
The study is the first to document the role that both parenting and sexual orientation play in the formation of intense and visceral fear of homosexuals, including self-reported homophobic attitudes, discriminatory bias, implicit hostility towards gays, and endorsement of anti-gay policies. Conducted by a team from the University of Rochester, the University of Essex, England, and the University of California in Santa Barbara, the research will be published the April issue of the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology.
- nick-ty likes this
- show-me-your-lewd-self reblogged this from deconversionmovement
- haamer reblogged this from deconversionmovement
- laughingacademy likes this
- whatdoyoumeanitsnotawesome likes this
- inpiscinationstation reblogged this from thegermansmakegoodstuff
- lizawithazed likes this
- therothwoman reblogged this from deducecanoe
- anotherwordformyth reblogged this from deducecanoe
- deducecanoe reblogged this from deconversionmovement and added:
- fightinghomophobia reblogged this from deconversionmovement
- anelderlypenguin likes this
- thegermansmakegoodstuff reblogged this from deconversionmovement and added:
- fight-blog reblogged this from deconversionmovement
- joeltheintrepid likes this
- wordhord likes this
- deconversionmovement posted this