If people do not believe in God, it is not that they believe in nothing. Rather, they believe in anything.
— G.K. Chesterton
What is this “anything” Chesterton is referring to? In other words, tell us what it is that we believe. Furthermore, give us good reason(s) to believe in a god that stems from a scripture that is indistinguishable from any scripture that predated it or served as its contemporary. This quote is rhetorical nonsense deprived of substance.
- dasdingansich reblogged this from goddamntoothbrush
- pluckmyfeet reblogged this from goddamntoothbrush
- ivanelraton likes this
- rexyrexaw likes this
- deconversionmovement reblogged this from goddamntoothbrush and added:
- thenewenlightenmentage likes this
- vicforprez likes this
- goddamntoothbrush reblogged this from deconversionmovement and added:
- project-argus likes this
- leahrafaela likes this
- nathanschock likes this
- onfireforgod likes this
- angelo-writes likes this